Housing, density and downtowns. Attend this great event and hear from prominent speakers, including one of our CNU Board members – Deana Swetlik! Also, CNU Colorado members’ projects will be utilized as case studies. Only $25 for an entire afternoon!
The deadline for the CNU Colorado Charter Awards has been extended. You can now submit your projects till Tuesday, March 10th 2015.
The Congress for the New Urbanism (CNU) is a non-profit organization that promotes walkable, mixed-use neighborhood development, sustainable communities and healthier living conditions. We believe that cities should be designed for people and should respect human scale and encourage human interaction. The first ever CNU-Colorado Charter Awards honor projects that are designed in this spirit and make Colorado a more livable place.
The CNU-Colorado Charter Awards honor a select number of winners across four categories:
- Best Built Project in Colorado
- Best Unbuilt Project in Colorado
- Best Tactical Urbanism or Urban Intervention Project in Colorado
- Best Student Project in Colorado
A jury of distinguished designers, architects, planners, and engineers from Colorado and beyond will review the entries and select the winners. Winning projects are recognized for their excellence in fulfilling and advancing the principles of the Charter of the New Urbanism (http://www.cnu.org/charter) in a Colorado-specific context.
Important Dates (Updated as of January, 2015):
- November 8th, 2014 – Submission Period Opens
- March 10th, 2015 – Submission Period Closes (Deadline!)
- March 14th, 2015 – Jury meets
- Awards Ceremony (awards announced): Mid-March/early-April, in Denver, CO