The Congress for the New Urbanism (CNU) is a non-profit organization that promotes walkable, mixed-use neighborhood development, sustainable communities and healthier living conditions. We believe that cities should be designed for people and should respect human scale and encourage human interaction. The first ever CNU-Colorado Charter Awards honor projects that are designed in this spirit and make Colorado a more livable place.
The CNU-Colorado Charter Awards honor a select number of winners across four categories:
- Best Built Project in Colorado
- Best Unbuilt Project in Colorado
- Best Tactical Urbanism or Urban Intervention Project in Colorado
- Best Student Project in Colorado
A jury of distinguished designers, architects, planners, and engineers from Colorado and beyond will review the entries and select the winners. Winning projects are recognized for their excellence in fulfilling and advancing the principles of the Charter of the New Urbanism (http://www.cnu.org/charter) in a Colorado-specific context.
- November 8th, 2014 – Submission Period Opens
- December 8th 2014 – Submission Period Closes (Deadline!)
- December 15th 2014 – Jury Decision Announced
- Awards Ceremony: Mid-March in Denver, CO